Original color etching Ernst Geissendorfer

jpw

Reply Tue 3 Feb, 2009 01:10 pm
I have two original color etchings purchased at the shop of Ernst Geissendorfer in the 1950's. One reads: Original radiering (etching?) Markustrum (Markus Tower) under the left side of etching, and a name that looks like Heiner Kraner (?) Rothenburg O T (on Tauber) on the right side. The other etching reads the same except the name of the etching is Plonein. I would like to know who the artist is, and the value of these etchings. Can anyone help? Thank you.

Walter Hinteler

Reply Tue 3 Feb, 2009 01:29 pm
@jpw,
"Radierung" is etching.

Ernst Geissendorfer is an art shop in Rothenburg.

'Heiner Kramer' made - it seems - dozens of etchings from numerous German cities and towns. Can't tell you anything about the actual price but it should be around $30 to $50, I guess.

I could find any information about the other artist (?) Plonein
ossobuco

Reply Tue 3 Feb, 2009 02:40 pm
@jpw,
another thread on Geissendorfer -

link: http://able2know.org/topic/39176-1
jpw

Reply Tue 3 Feb, 2009 04:35 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Thank you for your fast reply. The information is helpful.
0 Replies

jpw

Reply Tue 3 Feb, 2009 04:36 pm
@ossobuco,
Thanks for the additional info.
ossobuco

Reply Tue 3 Feb, 2009 04:50 pm
@jpw,
You're welcome (and welcome to a2k).
0 Replies

Alednana

Reply Sat 7 Nov, 2009 06:04 pm
@jpw,
Did you ever find out any information on the origional etchings you asked about? I have one that has the same markings as the second one you described , except it is black and white (maybe pen and ink, not sure). I bought mine at an estate in the Fort Worth, TX area and would be interested in finding out more about it. mds
0 Replies

fernandez1947

Reply Mon 8 Nov, 2010 06:55 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Hi Walter, I have an original color penciling by Heiner Kramer, in the city of Rothenburg Ob Der Tauber. I would like to if he has done other works. I have no idea of the value of the piece. Please help if possible. Ed fernandez
0 Replies

LMHallock

Reply Thu 11 Nov, 2010 01:57 pm
I also have an etching by Heiner Kraner of the Rathaus Portal, which Geissendorfer also did in color. Can't seem to find info on Heiner Kraner. Anyone know about him?
0 Replies

falcon932

Reply Fri 24 Jun, 2011 06:20 pm
I too have just come across an "etching" or "Radiering" by Heiner Kramer. It has Rothenburg written on it O.T. (on Tauber??) and I believe "Plonlein". Any info on the artist or value of etchings I would truly appreciate, or if anyone is interested in purchasing it to add to theirs!!! Thanks so much!!! Sandy
0 Replies