I don't think so but I want opinions.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 960 • Replies: 25
No top replies

oralloy

Reply Tue 15 May, 2018 12:40 am
Maybe he's already been here and left again, taking all the good people with him and leaving the rest of us behind.

Seriously though, don't worry about it. Just try to be a good person and help people who are in distress. If we're all very lucky there will be some sort of divine judgment and reward waiting for us when we die.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 15 May, 2018 05:15 am
At this point it is uncertain whether there will be a 2100.
mark noble

Reply Tue 15 May, 2018 08:54 am
@edgarblythe,
If the arctic is 'ice-free' Sept 2018 - There won't be a human being On the Earths' surface come 2026.

Do quote me, then, btw.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Tue 15 May, 2018 09:48 am
@mjbruns,
He isn't coming. It is been 2,000 years. If he hasn't come by now, at some point you have to accept the facts. Either he came back earlier and you missed him, or he made a promise he couldn't keep.
mark noble

Reply Tue 15 May, 2018 10:03 am
@maxdancona,
Oh - He has returned, Max.
But 'Jesus' isn't, and Never was, His Name.

And the 'Abomination Of Desolation' took place Monday.

So long, and thanks for all the fish.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Tue 15 May, 2018 11:12 am
@mjbruns,
If Jesus was in fact an real figure in history, I'm sure he was a regular (albeit a very charismatic) individual that once dead will literally stay dead for the rest of time. Give or take a heat death of the universe or two.
mark noble

Reply Tue 15 May, 2018 11:19 am
@tsarstepan,
That's called 'anthropomorphisising'.
Assuming 'your' reality is commonplace.
And projecting 'it' as 'Universal'.

'If' = 'This' and 'that'.
Awesome.
tsarstepan

Reply Tue 15 May, 2018 11:20 am
@mark noble,
mark noble wrote:

That's called 'anthropomorphisising'.
Assuming 'your' reality is commonplace.
And projecting 'it' as 'Universal'.

'If' = 'This' and 'that'.
Awesome.

Please put some pants on. Your schizophrenia is showing.
maxdancona

Reply Tue 15 May, 2018 01:37 pm
https://fthmb.tqn.com/SMHn9ePvIMiB7D_z4YiUirDtSfY=/768x0/filters:no_upscale():max_bytes(150000):strip_icc():format(webp)/thank-jesus-for-food-56a7551b3df78cf77294b440.jpg
0 Replies

mark noble

Reply Tue 15 May, 2018 03:35 pm
@tsarstepan,
Now I'm 'schizophrenic'?
And - You have (Condemn Mark forever) Maxadonca, In support (Of anything that negates my posts, person).

Am I expected to learn something from such?

There is a wonderful lesson to be learned (Should this continue) - Smile
maxdancona

Reply Tue 15 May, 2018 03:48 pm
@mark noble,
I don't always condemn you. When it comes to science feel like I need to challenge your ideas which are pretty far out there.

I also think that Tsar joking about mental illness is pretty offensive. Schizophrenia is a serious illness... why would you attack someone for having an illness? If someone did have schizophrenia, this sort of attack would be abusive (you don't help someone by attacking their mental illness). If they didn't, this type of attack making light of mental illness is pretty offensive.

oralloy

Reply Tue 15 May, 2018 04:02 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:
I also think that Tsar joking about mental illness is pretty offensive. Schizophrenia is a serious illness... why would you attack someone for having an illness? If someone did have schizophrenia, this sort of attack would be abusive (you don't help someone by attacking their mental illness). If they didn't, this type of attack making light of mental illness is pretty offensive.

That's certainly true. But I believe that Tsar did not intend any cruelty toward the mentally ill.
maxdancona

Reply Tue 15 May, 2018 04:03 pm
@oralloy,
It seems like Tsar did mean cruelty toward Mark... and he was using mental illness to that end.
oralloy

Reply Tue 15 May, 2018 04:12 pm
@maxdancona,
I think he was being dismissive with a rhetorical flair. I don't think he intended cruelty toward anyone.
0 Replies

mark noble

Reply Tue 15 May, 2018 04:16 pm
@maxdancona,
And so you should challenge me.
How else can ideas evolve...?

As for 'far out there' ideas - I agree.
One mans' Shallow is another mans' deep.

Are any of us the same 'person' in each seperate moment - In your opinion?
Were you ALWAYS what you are Now?

As for 'tsar' - His/Her post had no ill intent toward any group or illness - It was just a dig at me.

I'm ok with it.
maxdancona

Reply Tue 15 May, 2018 04:20 pm
@mark noble,
Sure,

But your manner of thinking is not scientific. There is a scientific way to view reality, and there are right and wrong answers within this world view. You are free to hold your own perspective on reality, and I won't complain as long as it is not confused with science (or another fact based framework I care about).

I especially want people reading the science threads to understand what is valid science, and what is something else.

That's all.
mjbruns

Reply Tue 15 May, 2018 04:24 pm
OK people. I don't need the immature comments. All I asked for was your opinion on this question. What you are talking about doesn't even have anything to do with this topic.
oralloy

Reply Tue 15 May, 2018 04:30 pm
@mjbruns,
Threads tend to meander a bit once people have addressed the main point and have run out of things to say about it.
0 Replies

mark noble

Reply Tue 15 May, 2018 04:32 pm
@maxdancona,
You didn't answer my questions - Again.
And your 'science' is flawed and misleading.
'I especially WANT people to understand what is 'valid' science'

I don't WANT anything from people.

When you finally take the time to watch 'The Connected Universe' - You'll understand.

0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Do you think Jesus will return before the year 2100? I don't think so
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/20/2024 at 09:06:17